I Love The Power Of The Internet!


This is something I share a lot on my training. I explain how, as teachers, we need to embrace the internet and demonstrate how to use it safely. I also demonstrate how when utilised in the right way, it can have an incredible impact on children's learning. I have previously blogged plenty of examples where the internet has enhanced our learning in class and the experiences my pupils have had from it. 

This week I've had a much more personal example of how incredibly powerful the internet is. A close family friend is currently undergoing a lot of treatment to battle Leukemia. Rather than me tell you all about her battle, here is our superstar Emmie talking all about her current illness:



Now before Emmie was diagnosed with this illness, my wife had managed to get tickets for her and her Mum to attend the Little Mix concert in Manchester alongside my wife and daughter. Everyone was really looking forward to seeing their favourite band perform. Unfortunately, over the past week, Emmie has had a couple of complications which has meant she has had to stay in hospital, meaning she would miss the concert. Devastated, her Dad tried to do something to sort this and so posted this:


"To all my friends, I need your help. As most of you already know my beautiful daughter Emmie was diagnosed with leukemia back in September 2017. Over the last couple of weeks Emmie, as in-counted a couple of setbacks due to having an Infection in her medication line, which has resulted in her having to have her medication line removed. My wife after some difficulties and support from a friend, was able to get hold of some little mix tickets, and Emmie was due to go and Watch them on Wednesday night. Unfortunately, Emmie is not going to be able to attend this concert, as she is still to unwell. What I’m aiming to do is to get Little Mix to visit Ward 84 at the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital, to see Emmie and the other children on the ward. So please please share this message, so we can see if we can make this happen. Hopefully, we will come up with a contact who can help. Thanks"

I shared this post on all of my social media platforms and I just want to say a MASSIVE thank you to anyone who shared and commented. I know Emmie has been touched to read so many comments on her video. I want to thank you all as it worked! Little Mix got the message. Due to their busy schedule, they couldn't visit the hospital in person, but they did send this:



Again, just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for helping make Emmie's day including Little Mix of course, I know she will be buzzing to receive that message and for such an incredibly brave little girl these things can really help. 

Please keep sharing and commenting on Emmie's video above.

Thank you!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lovely Poem for Your Leavers Assembly

QR Codes - So much potential!

Exploring Excitable Edgar