The app allows you to create an animation of two characters interacting. You have the ability to design yourself as a character. Adding a costume and background to your scene.
You are able to use the camera to take a photo of yourself and add it into the scene.
There is also a selection of celebrities you can also choose from.
Once you have designed your characters, you can then create a dialogue. A character's actions can be created by selecting an emoji. Each emoji will make the character act in a certain way. There is the option to then use the microphone to record what the character says.
The app has a 9+ rating and some of the emojis make the character act in a rude way (kissing, passing wind etc) however there is so much potential with the app.
A couple of initial ideas:
- Visualise how to write direct speech, using the actions to aid reporting clauses.
- Create interviews with famous people, book characters, famous historical figures.
- Use in PSHCE to act out how to be friendly, how to treat each other.
- Create a stimulus for a story.
- Act out a debate or discussion about an issue.
- Persuasive arguments.