It has made me think about how could they be integrated into the classroom???
The three board games that I am going to talk about all have fantastic potential in the classroom. Although they are aimed at adults the rules for the games can be easily adapted by teachers to fit in with most curriculum areas.
Articulate - This is my favourite board game! The aim of the game is to describe as many words as you can in 30 seconds. You have one pass and there are rules as to how you can describe
DESCRIPTION RULESWhen describing you MUST NOT:
- Say what letter any word starts with.
- Say how many letter any given word has.
- Say the actual word
- Say a word which includes the word. For example if the word is "post" you may not say "postage" or "postman"; for "swim" you can not say "swimmer" etc.
- Use "rhymes with" or "sounds like" kind of clues.
- Mouth The words.
- Choose to PASS and not play a card - BUT ONLY ONCE each turn.
- Make body gestures