How to set up a class set of iPads
- Printed labels for all of the iPads "TeachersIPAD #001" or "StudentIPAD #004" etc
- Made backgrounds for each iPad with the labels on see example and uploaded them to our dropbox account. If you do not have a dropbox account I would suggest making one as it has become extremely useful.
- Noted all the serial numbers with the labels for each iPad and add them to the inventory.
- Stuck the labels on the back of each iPad
- Placed them in the iCase
- Set up a Gmail email account on the mother laptop
- Used this email account to set up an iTunes account.
- On the mother laptop downloaded a number of apps (see links below)
- Set up the "mother iPad" - TeacherIPAD #001
- Put all the apps into appropriate folders "KS1 Numeracy," "Writing" and "Art"
- Set up the school WiFi and set up a dropbox and evernote account using the Gmail account.
- Downloaded the background from dropbox.
- Set up the Gmail account but added signature settings>mail,contacts,calendars>signature as "sent from TeacherIPAD #001"
- Changed the name of the iPad settings>general>about>name to "TeacherIPAD #001"
- Backed up this iPad with iTunes once everthing had been set up.
NOTE***** - This post was created before Apple released the VPP program, now schools will need to set up a VPP account, more information can be found here.